My hair has been on it’s own journey for over 10 years. I’ve always heard people say DAPHNE Your hair is gorgeous, what do you use, it grows so fast, I wish I had hair like yours.
But in my head I was saying….. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I GROW THROUGH. My hair has a mind of its own. Now please don’t get me wrong I really do love my hair, it’s just the maintenance part that sucks. Wash day? What is that?
I literally can think of a million things that I need to do when its time to wash my hair. Some people are lucky enough to just place there heads under water mix with shampoo and JUST GO FOR IT. But for me Ughhhhhhh that could never happen.
MY WASH STEPS
- MENTALLY PREPARE TO DEVOTE 8 HOURS (LOL, THAT’S REALLY STEP 1)
- SEPARATE MY HAIR INTO 8 SECTIONS. (Due to my hair texture this can take up to 30 mins)
- APPLY A CONDITIONER TO EACH SECTION.
- SEPARATE EACH SECTION INTO TWO
- DETANGLE EACH SMALL SECTION AND TWIST. (2.5 Hours)
- SIT UNDER A STEAMER TO LOOSEN
- WASH EACH SECTION (hand detangle) (30 mins)
- DEEP CONDITION AND DETANGLE (The tangles return after water hits it 1 Hour a little easier )
- RINSE AND SIT UNDER DRYER OR AIR DRY. (Tie it up and go to bed)
BY NOW I AM TOO TIRED TO STYLE IN ANY WAY SO I JUST WEAR A HEAD WRAP THE NEXT DAY. SO I DECIDED TO LOC.